Facilitating(2017 – )
EU CoP Finance@Biodiversity
European Commission, DG Environment
The European Commission started the Community of Practice Finance@Biodiversity to integrate biodiversity, the basis of all life, into investment decisions of financial institutions. Several participants share their experiences in a Community of Practice on their activities and investment strategies regarding ecosystems and biodiversity issues. Next to other developments, the EU CoP F@B builds upon experiences from the previous Dutch CoP Financial Institutions & Natural Capital.
- EU Business@Biodiversity platform
- Workstream ‘Finance’ of the EU B@B Platform
- Mission statement CoP Finance@Biodiversity (pdf)
Actiam, ASN Bank, AXA Investment Management, CDC Biodiversité, Degroof Petercam, Ebanka, EIB, GLS Bank, Finance in Motion, FMO, ING Belgium, Mirova and Piraeus Bank.
Support the EU strategic priorities related to biodiversity protection and the transition towards a sustainable financial sector by
- Sharing experiences, raising awareness and promote best practices at EU level
- Demonstrating the benefits of biodiversity-related investment
- Connecting to relevant developments and initiatives in the context of the CoP
Role and activities
Lead workstream Finance | Facilitating CoP F@B
Together with ICF International and Caroline van Leenders, RVO