Thirteen different initiatives on ‘finance and biodiversity’ – a new overview now shows who is doing what. Together with the signatories of the Finance for Biodiversity Pledge, the Finance@Biodiversity Community, UNEP FI and PRI, we developed an overview of the main biodiversity-related initiatives developed for financial institutions. The overview document shows the topics that each initiative addresses, the activities and deliveries planned for 2021-2022, reports published, and contact information. This overview was launched during the 1 April webinar on measurement approaches.
The momentum behind biodiversity is growing among financial institutions, and so is the number of communities, networks and initiatives dedicated to this topic. Together with UNEP FI and the PRI, the Finance for Biodiversity Pledge and its initiator the Finance@Biodiversity Community want to help financial institutions to understand what initiatives are out there, and who is doing what. The aim of this overview is to enable synergies and accelerate collaboration on key topics, also under the new Finance for Biodiversity Foundation.
The thirteen initiatives that we have surveyed, are:
- Finance@Biodiversity Community (F@B) under the EU Business@Biodiversity Platform
- Finance for Biodiversity Pledge and Foundation (FfB)
- Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI)
- Principles for Responsible Banking (PRB), Principles for Sustainable Insurance (PSI) and Investment Leadership Platform (ILP) under UNEP FI
- Taskforce on Nature-related Financial Disclosures (TNFD)
- Finance for Biodiversity Initiative (F4B)
- Science Based Targets Network (SBTN)
- Aligning accounting approaches for nature (Align)
- Partnership for Biodiversity Accounting Financials (PBAF)
- Exploring Natural Capital Opportunities, Risks and Exposure (ENCORE)
- Consortium for Biodiversity Footprint (CBF)
- Coalition for Private Investment in Conservation (CPIC)
- The Biodiversity Finance Initiative (BIOFIN)
An overview table shows which topics each initiative collaborates on, as well as who can join. A concise fact sheet for each initiative is also included.
As the biodiversity movement is developing rapidly, we will update this overview document every quarter. Feedback and input to be included in the next updates of this document can be sent to email@example.com.
Download the Overview of initiatives for financial institutions
Read more on the project page Finance for Biodiversity Pledge
Read more on the project page EU Finance@Biodiversity Community
Watch the 1 April webinar ‘Launch guide on biodiversity measurement approaches’