‘The Nature of Investing’ with Katherine Collins
Katherine Collins is founder and CEO of Honeybee Capital and auteur of the book ‘The Nature of Investing: Resilient Investment Strategies through Biomimicry’. With more than 20 years of experience in the commercial world of investing in the USA and inspired by nature and biomimicry, she shows investors to think ‘outside the box’ and by doing so, to find the optimal investments and a healthy and resilient financial system. Every fund led by Katherine exceeded its own benchmark. At May 9th 2016 Katherine Collins told her story and talked in depth about the biggest challenges for the financial world in which biomimicry-principals can help. She talked about the differences between risk and uncertainty, about the importance of connection and collaboration and about resilience and stability.
Triodos Bank, the VBA, the SFL, the IUCN and biomimicryNL, Ministry of Economic Affairs and CoP FINC (RVO), made the meeting possible.
Results and more…
Downloads and publications
- Presentation with weblinks to illustrating videos
- Short report with english quotes (in Dutch)
- “Katherine Collins about the nature of investing” Me Jeduce, May 17, 2016 (video-interview in English)
- “What the investor can learn from the butterfly” Financieel Dagblad, May 14, 2016 (in Dutch)
- “Ask yourself, as an investor; What would nature do?” Fondsnieuws, May 10, 2016 (in Dutch)
- Honeybee Capital, the website of Katherine Collins
- TEDTalk by Katherine Collins
- ‘The Nature of Investing’ at bol.com
- CoP Financial institutions & Natural Capital
- Design in Nature: Biomimicry – Bloomberg video with Janine Benyus
Back to webpage CoP Financial Institutions & Natural Capital