Finance for Biodiversity Pledge (2020 – )
In order to reverse global biodiversity loss, a transformation is needed across all sectors of society. Financial institutions, including banks, insurers and asset managers, are also beginning to see that their investment activities can have either a positive or a negative impact on nature and biodiversity. For financial institutions, biodiversity loss represents a potential business risk in the long term.
Therefore, in parallel to their strengthening commitment to climate targets, financial institutions also want to commit to protecting and restoring biodiversity. They are joining forces to achieve this in the Finance for Biodiversity Pledge. In the Pledge, banks, insurers, asset managers and impact funds from different countries promise to start working for biodiversity. They also call upon other financial institutions and heads of state to join them, so that together we can reverse global biodiversity loss.
The Finance for Biodiversity Pledge has been initiated by members of the F@B Community of Practice. The Pledge has grown into an independent project that is funded through contributions from the participating institutions.
Members of the Finance for Biodiversity Foundation: Achmea Investment Management, ACTIAM N.V., Bankinter, Coöperatie Klaverblad Verzekeringen U.A., Coöperatieve Rabobank U.A., HSBC Global Asset Management, the international business of Federated Hermes, Karner Blue Capital, La Financière de l’Échiquier, Pireaus Financial Holdings, Mirova, Robeco, SCOR SE and Swedbank Robur
Find an overview of all signatories to the Pledge here.
- To raise awareness of biodiversity among financial institutions and governments
- To join forces and facilitate shared development
- To encourage heads of state to set ambitious biodiversity targets at the CBD COP15
Role and activities of NextGreen
Coordination for signing and launch events | Community management | Communication
In collaboration with: Anita de Horde from De Horde Advies
Results and more …
- Guide on biodiversity measurement approaches (2nd edition)
- Guide on engagement with companies
- Financial Sector Guide for the Convention on Biological Diversity
- Overview of initiatives for financial institutions
- Guide on biodiversity measurement approaches
- Guidance document to the Pledge
- Finance for Biodiversity Pledge
- Website Finance for Biodiversity Pledge