CoP Financial Institutions and Natural Capital (2014 – 2016)
Many Financial Institutions are looking for ways to decrease the negative impact of money on natural capital. In a Community of Practice they shared experiences on their activities and investment strategies regarding ecosystems and biodiversity issues. The lessons learned during ten CoP meetings, and four extra meetings with the broader setting of involved expert stakeholders were brought together with the stories from practice in the publication ‘Finance for One Planet’. Inspired by the CoP FINC, the European Commission initiated the EU CoP Finance@Biodiversity.
ABN AMRO, Achmea, ACTIAM, ASN Bank, FMO Bank, De Friesland Zorgverzekeraar, ING, J. Safra Sarasin, MN, SNS Bank, SPF Beheer, StartGreen Capital, Triodos
Accelerate the transition to the financial sector towards investing in natural capital by
- Learning from each other
- Making organisations best practice more effective
- Increasing dialogue with stakeholders around the ‘Natural Capital’ topic
Role and activities NextGreen
Facilitating CoP-process | Co-facilitating 14 sessions | Processing results and monitoring | Connecting to the topic
Exploration CoP Financial Institutions and Natural Capital (2013)
Interviews with sixteen financial sector representatives to research if there is an interest in a Community of Practice. Also the basis of the membership of the CoP and the overview of subjects for the strategic agenda.
Results and more…
- Publication with results Finance for One Planet
- Summary, presentation and more about the Nature of Investing from extra meeting with Katherine Collins
- Summary, advice and presentations about True Risk from two extra meetings
- Paper ‘Transitioning towards a Green Economy’ based on an extra meeting with New Foresight